The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for a number of processes related to the planning, monitoring , control and implementation of project initiatives. The Senior PM must be able to work with key business and technical stakeholders to define and document requirements, obtain project approvals through a formal statement of work, review and provide input into business and technical designs, develop project milestone plans, create and execute test cases, oversee production implementation and project close out.
· Elicits requirements from business and technical stakeholders, documents and validates captured requirements in formal statement of work
· Collaborates with necessary business and technical resources to determine proposed project level of effort estimate and obtains approval from project sponsor
· Creates the project plan with key milestones and planned to actual date tracking
· Oversees day to day project-based activities thoughout the project SDLC to ensure the project stays on time and budget.
· Develops test cases to validate requirements against as built design
· Executes test cases , works with development team to remediate defects
· Oversees project implementation into production following all necessary change control procedures
· Reports to management on progress, issues and risk throughout the project lifecycle
· Performs project close out activities to ensure approvals and documentation is archived
· Works with senior management and other PMO staff to coordinate and prioritize the project portfolio
· Facilitates and documents project meetings and problem solving sessions
· Performs a post-implementation review to ensure that all project goals were met and all activities completed
· Manages multiple concurrent initatives of various scale and priority levels across multiple lines of business
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree plus equivalent experience, required
· 5-7 years of successful project management experience required
· Proficient in MS Office and MS Project or equivalent
· Eligible for PMP certification
· Formal project management training from a PMI REP (Registered Education Provider) or through college level courses and demonstrated successful project management experience
· Accomplished organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills at all levels
· Ability to work with Information Technology, Development, and Business users as part of a team in a fast paced environment
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Management may add or change the duties of the position at any time at its discretion
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.