This job is located in Providence, RI with potential for approximately one remote day per week.
Responsible for supporting all Finance and Accounting department related activities.
Essential Duties: (include but are not limited to)
• Timely and accurate posting of daily cash receipts including; lockbox, ACH and credit card payments.
• Research and resolution of old or unreconciled customer balances.
• Respond to customer and interdepartmental Accounts Receivable inquiries.
• Generate monthly Accounts Receivable related reports and files.
• Complete monthly General Ledger and Bank account reconciliations.
• Provide data and support for Quarterly regulatory filings.
• Prepare schedules and other documentation as requested by leadership and outside auditors.
• Assist the Accounting Manager with monthly close to ensure the integrity of the process and provide accurate and timely data.
• Provide support with ongoing and ad hoc financial analysis requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
• Strong organizational skills, strong analytical skills, able to successfully collaborate with all levels of the organization, and a high level of integrity.
• Proficient computer skills and ability to thoroughly learn internal financial software systems.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Professional customer service skills (including verbal and written communications) both internal and external.
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.