POSITION SUMMARY: Acts as the recognized user experience design go-to. Helps to drive innovative user experiences in technology systems and solutions.
Closely collaborates with business stakeholders, project managers, and developers to understand a project’s business needs
Reviews and understands business requirements and define solution mockups that clarify issues
Creates compelling, user-focused experiences that align with the business objectives
Sketches and/or digitally designs multiple experience approaches that are aligned with the project goals
Presents ideas and designs to stakeholders to gather feedback and iterate based on that feedback
Fosters the creation of user interfaces and user interaction patterns to continuously improve for the design process
Uses methodologies such as storyboarding, journeys, idea mapping, etc. to help you and the team iterate through problems, ideas, and solutions
Organizes and participates in user research and usability testing
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or continuing education - having an emphasis in the field of UX design, interactive design, or product design
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
• A portfolio that includes design samples and effectively communicates your process, including project insights, solutions, and current design trends for user interfaces for websites and mobile apps
• Excellent organizational skills
• A solid command of relevant industry tools, such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Webflow, Proto.io, or Balsamiq Wireframes
• A relentless focus on developing the high-quality user experiences as quickly as possible
• Agile project experience is helpful
• Ability to multitask and manage several assignments, as well as, adapt to changing priorities and aggressive deadlines
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment
• M-F standard work week, some flexibility required for deployments and testing outside of regular business hours (i.e. nights, weekends)
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.