Lead/direct team of painters and paint utility by ensuring proper tools and information are
available to successfully complete work assignments to meet specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read and understand production drawings.
• Organize workload of paint and utility stations.
• Give direction in the application of paint to material evenly and within set requirements,including correct color and thickness.
• Report unresolved material shortages and job status to supervisor.
• Report all re-work and labor hours required to complete re-work to supervisor.
• Coordinate with Supervisor for correct drawings and to correct missing information.
• Utilized work orders, bills of material, drawings.
• Follow standard shop practices and verbal instructions.
• Locate and correctly issue materials from stock and keep inventory of paint usage.
• Detect and report any mechanical defects in paint equipment, which may cause improper operation.
• Detect any imperfections with paint and report all to or supervisor.
• Refer all unusual conditions to supervisor.
• Demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the Company Quality Management System by:
o Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system;
o Ensuring that the quality policy and quality objectives are established for the quality management system and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the organization;
o Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
o Ensuring that the resources needed for the quality management system are available;
o Communicating the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to the quality management system requirements;
o Ensuring that the quality management system achieves its intended results;
o Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system;
o Promoting improvement;
Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it
applies to their areas of responsibility.
• Maintain clean and safe work area.
• All duties assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or management.
• Responsible for understanding and executing Company goals and objectives while actively contributing to the cohesiveness of the team.
o 3-5 years paint line experience preferred.
o Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations using whole numbers and fractions.
o Able to read a measuring tape to a 1/16” measurement.
o Able to use and power tools, forklift, had pallet jack, ladders, paint guns (air and
wet), pressure paint tanks and paint thickness gauge as required.
o Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, verbal, or diagrammatic form.
o Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
o Written and spoken English