Inspect and test electrical products and materials for defects or deviations from specification and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform detailed in-process and final inspections and qualification tests to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Communicate required adjustments to production and engineering based on specifications.
• Accept or reject finished products
• Return products for re-work. Confirm re-work.
• Initiate NCR (Non-Conformance Report) for non-conforming products.
• Document inspection by completing reports and logs.
• Communicate results, receive and provide feedback to QA Manager, production, engineering, purchasing and vendors.
• Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues.
• Perform and verify equipment calibration per established procedures and frequencies.
• Assist in developing procedures and quality system documentation compliant with ISO requirements.
• Red line drawings and/or other production/engineering documentation with corrections as required.
• Maintain clean and safe work area.
• All duties assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or management.
• Responsible for understanding and executing Company goals and objectives while actively contributing to the cohesiveness of the team.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree programs in quality assurance is a plus.
2+ years quality control experience in manufacturing environment
Specialized knowledge o National Electrical Code (NEC), Utility Electric Service Requirements (ESR), ANSI/IEEE, UL, CA Title 24, State Seal process.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Strong mathematical skills.
General computer skills.
Above average verbal and written communication skills.
Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations using whole numbers and fractions.
Able to read a measuring tape to a 1/16” measurement.
Able to read and understand wiring diagrams, technical drawings and specifications.
Able to use measurement devices.
Able to clearly communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
Must be dependable, responsible, self-motivated and act with utmost integrity. o
Able to work in a team environment. o
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagrammatic form.
Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Written and spoken English
• Professional Certification(s)
Manufacturing area with dust, noise, moving machinery, heat, cold and humidity (not temperature controlled).
Production position. Spends the majority of the work shift walking, bending and stooping. Generally requires clear vision at 20 inches or less for reading. Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required to carry supplies, tools and equipment throughout