Behavior Therapist/Technician (BT) Job Descripion
At Empowering Minds 4 Change, LLC we want to make every moment count for our clients, community, and you! We take great pride in our training and development of entry-level staff. Empowering Minds 4 Change, LLC Behavior Technicians are indispensable to our client’s team. Living out our mission to improve the lives of children and their families by offering compassion, consistency, confidence, empowerment, devotion, research based and data driven treatment approaches.
The Behavior Technician position requires empathy, fun, creativity, flexibility, and critical thinking. This position calls for commitment and dedication to continued training, clients, and high standards of excellence.
BTs provide direct one-on-one therapy with children in their home or community. Each individualized program is written and designed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) for the BT to execute. The BCBA will teach you to facilitate language development, social interactions, independent living skills, and other aptitudes.
BTs typically start with a part-time caseload of approximately 10-20 hours per week, depending on region or area, and may grow to full-time as additional opportunities arise.
- Provide direct implementation of programs and strategies in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Enthusiastically motivates learners to engage in their sessions.
- Electronically collect data accurately to ensure the effectiveness of treatment.
- Adhere to the ethical guidelines of Empowering Mind 4 Change, LLC and the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
- Implement written behavior plans to decrease mild to severe maladaptive behaviors.
- Communicate proactively and timely with BCBAs and other key stakeholders.
- Calmly respond to unexpected behaviors independently and appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Meet requirements to obtain the RBT credential requirements as set forth by the BACB.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 40 hour RBT training prior to beginning employment- Recommended
- Direct service or personal experience with individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ability to commit to at least six months of employment without significant changes in schedule or location
- Complete hours assigned each week based on clients assigned schedule
- Reliable transportation to session locations
- Expected to perform all physical requirements of this position, which includes, but is not limited to: lifting at least 50lbs, kneeling, bending, finger dexterity, climbing, reaching, running, pushing, and being on your feet for several hours at a time.
Why Join Our Team of RBT Superstars
- Empowering Minds 4 Change, LLC provides competency assessments in order to obtain your RBT credential
- Provide ongoing supervision to maintain your RBT credential
- Ongoing paid professional development and training
- Collaboration with BCBAs with a wide array of expertise in assessments, approaches, and therapies
- Mindfully matched with a client based on your skill set and comfort level
- A line of sight of available hours in your region/area
- We value supportive, transparent, and frequent communication
- Consistent schedules so you can make self-care a priority
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Supervised practicum experience if pursuing your BCBA credential
Availability: Monday-Friday (flexible) mostly evening timeframes and may include weekends when necessary.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience, knowledge, skills, and education
Pay: $20.00 to $25.00 per HOUR