Job Description The Graphic Design Intern plans, analyzes, and creates visual solutions to communicate the Creative Director’s ideas. They determine the message the design should portray, and its appeal to the end user. As an artist, the Graphic Design Intern must be highly creative, original, intuitive and perceptive. He/She must be able to think visually and must be able to solve complex problems, make judgments, decisions and think logically and critically. He/She will gather relevant information by meeting with the creative team and by performing research.
The Graphic Design Intern must have a solid understanding of color, line, composition, and design. They may create infographics, icons, page layouts, photo manipulations, and other graphic imagery as requested by the Creative Director. They take a concept and communicate that idea digitally in a way that informs and/or entertains visually.
He/She may prepare sketches or layouts—by hand or computer—to illustrate the vision for the design. They select colors, imagery, fonts, and other visual elements for the design. The Graphic Design Intern may also select the size and arrangement of the different elements on the page or screen. They may create graphs and charts from data for use in presentation packages.
The Graphic Design Intern must possess excellent design capabilities and good communications skills. He/She should be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting deadlines.
1. Use computer software such as Adobe Creative Suites to generate new images
2. Develop graphic illustrations in the correct size and resolution for large-format printing
3. Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts
4. Confer with the Graphic Design Manager and Creative Director to discuss and determine layout and design intent
5. Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with the Graphic Design Manager and Creative Director and making necessary changes
6. Review and manipulate electronic files received from clients, partners, consultants and/or vendors as well as upload and download files to various systems
7. Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type
8. Assemble final presentation material to prepare for printing
9. Instruct companies and oversee the production of final printing files Job Qualifications and Requirements: 1. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of presentation materials
2. Capacity to keep up-to-date technically and apply new software knowledge to the position
3. Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time
4. Must have strong organizational skills and be able to comply with standards including file naming conventions and file folder structure.
5. Ability to generate unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem
6. Fluently operate a personal computer, internet browsers, knowledge of various file types, and proficient with Adobe Creative Suites including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Word
7. Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day
8. Excellent memory and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines
9. Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, partners, vendors, consultants and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
10. Ability to travel internationally
11. Must possess a valid driver’s license
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, service member status, marital status, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Falcon's Creative Group Falcon’s Creative Group delivers innovative, powerful experiences with breakthrough solutions. We build immersive experiences that challenge the limits of reality and fire the imagination. Our passionate, award-winning team of artists, filmmakers, engineers, architects, designs and writers transform everyday reality, every day.