The Junior Pipeline TD works closely with the Pipeline TD and Pipeline Supervisor as well as other artists and supervisors to research, design, develop and implement in-house tools to solve challenges during production and to make the pipeline more efficient. As an architect of the production pipeline, the Junior Pipeline TD must create tools that not only solve current production challenges, but that will benefit the entire studio. The Junior Pipeline TD must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving, and technical innovation are expected.
1. Design, automate, test and maintain tools to extend and enhance the pipeline.
2. Collaborate with supervisors and leads to ensure a smooth and efficient work process.
3. Ensure that software development has documentation and follows guidelines.
4. Investigate patterns and trends, identify common problems in production, and recommend new processes or workflows to address those problems.
5. Provide technical support and troubleshoot issues with tools and software.
1. At least 2 years experience developing tools in a visual effects or animation studio.
2. Strong Python scripting required.
3. Strong understanding of PySide/Qt and building responsive models and interfaces.
4. Experience Debugging, Improving Performance, and Testing tools.
5. Advanced knowledge of Maya and scripting in Mel/PyMel.
6. Experience using Shotgun and an understanding of the Shotgun Toolkit.
7. Experience using one or more of Nuke, Houdini, 3dsMax, RV, Photoshop, Deadline and Redshift.
8. Understanding of the entire CG production process from asset creation to the final edit.
9. Experience with Agile development and working in Git in a team.
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Unit Testing Experience.
3. Cross platform experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
4. Experience using one or more of GitLab, GitLab Runner, Docker, Ansible, Jira, and Confluence.
5. Experience packaging Python code using PyPi, Distutils or SetupTools.
6. Experience working with Multi-Threading and Queues.
7. Experience with AR / VR and experience with GPU rendering.
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Falcon’s Creative Group delivers innovative, powerful experiences with breakthrough solutions. We build immersive experiences that challenge the limits of reality and fire the imagination. Our passionate, award-winning team of artists, filmmakers, engineers, architects, designs and writers transform everyday reality, every day.