The Paralegal will work closely with the Vice President of Legal Affairs/General Counsel. This role will primarily support managing subsidiaries and actions of numerous legal entities with corporate governance tasks and reporting requirements. The Paralegal may also review and assist in the completion of contracts that pertain to the theme park/entertainment business. Candidate is expected to work closely with team members as well as international customers and vendors. This position requires excellent communication skills, and the candidate should be confident working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adhere to deadlines. This job is based in our office in Orlando, Florida. Applicant must either live in the area or be willing to move to Central Florida and work from the office daily.
1. Primary function is to provide administrative support to In-House General Counsel.
2. Manages corporate governance and subsidiary management function, including preparation and filing of entity formations, dissolutions, resolutions, annual reports, appointments, powers of attorney and other statutory filings or subsidiary documents. Coordinates filings with outside counsel as necessary. Assists members of the company with management of all subsidiaries.
3. Coordinates and prepares materials for board of directors’ meetings, including agendas, resolutions, form of minutes and other documentation as requested.
4. Draft, review and coordinate the execution of, but not limited to, contracts for attraction design, master planning, media and specialty attractions, vendor agreements, consultant agreements, non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements. Agreements are with clients, vendors, independent contractors, and employees worldwide.
5. Modify existing legal documents, contracts, and other items for review by General Counsel.
6. Managing the retention, documentation and recording of all pertinent files in appropriate computer locations.
7. Aids with the integration of newly acquired entities.
8. Provide support for researching, drafting, and updating processes, policies and procedures.
9. Interact regularly with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Technology Departments.
10. Assists the accounting department by coordination reports related to audits and due diligence requests.
11. Experience with the legalization and apostille processes for documents to be used in international jurisdictions.
12. Perform special projects as assigned.
13. Stays current on new regulatory requirements and corporate best practices
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of company structure (mission, goals, and objectives), and policies and procedures.
2. Must have a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience, with 5 years of experience working as a paralegal.
3. High level of expertise in Corporate Secretary functions, including corporate governance, subsidiary management, and reporting.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Certified and/or Registered Paralegal preferred.
6. Preferred dual language proficiency in Spanish and English.
7. Experience in any of these areas is a plus, corporate legal experience, international construction, intellectual property rights, hospitality, or entertainment industry experience and multi-national companies.
8. Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of corporate matters and has a good understanding of processes and procedures related to corporate governance and entity structure and maintenance.
9. Excellent contract writing skills required.
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Required: Intermediate/Advanced skills in Word and Excel.
11. Ability to respond quickly to inquiries from team members in various departments.
12. Must possess sound judgement and discretion.
13. Must have strong team energy and commitment to detail!
14. Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and work independently.
15. Covid-19 vaccination required or willingness to be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021.
16. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America
17. Will not require Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to be employed (now or in the future).
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to promoting an inclusive, diverse, and innovative environment for our employees. We provide all qualified applicants with employment consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, ancestry, national origin, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local laws. Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability with the job application process, please contact us at 407.909.9350 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Falcon’s Creative Group delivers innovative, powerful experiences with breakthrough solutions. We build immersive experiences that challenge the limits of reality and fire the imagination. Our passionate, award-winning team of artists, filmmakers, engineers, architects, designs and writers transform everyday reality, every day. Falcon's Creative Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.