The Pipeline Developer works closely with artists and supervisors to research, design, develop, and implement in-house tools to solve challenges during production and to make the pipeline more efficient. As an architect of the production pipeline, the developer must create tools that not only solve current production challenges but also benefit the entire studio. The successful candidate can identify deficiencies in the technical process and recommend future-proof solutions. The pipeline tools developer must work well in a team-oriented production environment where daily proactive problem-solving and technical innovation are expected. This job is based in our office in Orlando, Florida. Applicant must either live in the area or be willing to move to Central Florida and work from the office daily.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, automate, test and maintain tools to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Collaborate with supervisors and leads to ensure a smooth and efficient work process.
• Ensure that software development has documentation and follows guidelines.
• Investigate patterns and trends, identify common problems in production, and recommend new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Work closely with the rest of the team to determine long-term strategies and standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years of experience developing tools in a visual effects, game, or animation studio.
• Strong Python experience required
• Strong understanding of PySide/Qt and building responsive models and interfaces.
• Experience Debugging, Improving Performance, and Testing tools.
• Experience using Shotgrid and an understanding of the Shotgrid Toolkit.
• Experience using majority of core CG production software: Maya, Nuke, Houdini, RV, Deadline, Unreal, Unity, and Redshift.
• Understanding of the entire CG production process.
• Experience with Agile development and working in Git in a team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Covid-19 vaccination required or willingness to be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021.
• Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America
• Will not require Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to be employed (now or in the future).
• Unit Testing Experience
• Cross platform experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
• Experience using one or more of PlasticsSCM, Perforce, Docker, and Jira.
• Experience packaging Python code using PyPi, Distutils or SetupTools.
• Experience working with Multi-Threading and Queues.
• Experience with AR / VR and experience with GPU rendering.
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace, and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to promoting an inclusive, diverse, and innovative environment for our employees. We provide all qualified applicants with employment consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, ancestry, national origin, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local laws. Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability with the job application process, please contact us at 407-909-9350 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Falcon’s Creative Group delivers innovative, powerful experiences with breakthrough solutions. We build immersive experiences that challenge the limits of reality and fire the imagination. Our passionate, award-winning team of artists, filmmakers, engineers, architects, designs and writers transform everyday reality, every day. Falcon's Creative Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.