The Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the HarvestCall Communications Team and provides hands-on coordination of a wide variety of projects. He/she is the person who ensures projects stay on track and deadlines are met. The Coordinator works regularly with the Communications Director, Videographer/Graphic Designer, committee Communications Managers, other volunteer contributors, and miscellaneous vendors. Effective communications help HarvestCall fulfill its purpose, vision and mission.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate production of newsletters, brochures, presentations, and other promotional materials for HarvestCall ministries.
2. Produce regular, fully designed mass emails to HarvestCall lists.
3. Manage social media accounts; acquire content, post, respond to comments.
4. Collect and post monthly HarvestCall prayer requests to AC Central
5. Schedule monthly prayer requests for all ACCA ministries.
6. Proactively communicate with Regional Communications Managers to ensure their content is suitable and delivered on time.
7. Ensure HarvestCall website is updated regularly and information is current.
8. Bring together the Communications Director and committee Communications Managers when needed to determine strategy and direction for projects.
9. Assist with planning and coordination of HarvestCall’s annual missions conference and other events.
10. Create and maintain an organized, searchable archive of photography and other digital assets.
11. Work with Administrative Assistant to ensure HarvestCall’s constituent database that houses all information about donors, including each contact information and contribution history, is maintained.
12. Work with mail house to address and send mailings.
13. Implement ways to proactively grow our mailing lists.
14. Proofread communications pieces.
15. Spend time in the field to gain understanding of HarvestCall ministries
16. Act as backup for some Communications Director duties.
17. Some occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent experience
2. 3+ years of successful, pertinent work experience.
3. Highly organized.
4. Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
5. Ability to coordinate many details at one time with efficient time management.
6. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a well-managed way.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Experience writing long-form and short-form copy.
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office
10. Experience engaging people on social media.
11. Tech savvy. Able to quickly learn new software.
12. Self-starter. Able to work with minimal supervision.
13. Willingness to relocate to the West Lafayette / Remington / Wolcott area.
Not required, but desirable
1. Experience using website content management systems.
2. Experience working with communications practitioners (such as designers, web developers, copywriters, photographers, etc.)
3. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software
Note: This job description is subject to change based upon the skills, talents and interests of the chosen candidate.
Desired Church Background
1. Must be a member in good standing of the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
2. 5+ years of membership.
3. Have the support of his or her local elder.
4. Have understanding of the diverse viewpoints of our church membership and be committed to promoting greater unity among the brotherhood.
5. Support the 4-pillar mission of the ACCA.
6. Support HarvestCall’s purpose, vision, mission and guiding principles.
7. Desire to see God glorified and the church edified by using your talents to support those who serve others.
HarvestCall's vision is that God is glorified as despair and suffering are alleviated, hearts and minds are transformed, and churches are established and nurtured.