Household Nurse (LPN)
We are currently recruiting for a Household Nurse (LPN) to join our Haven Nursing Center team! The person filling this position must be a licensed practical nurse (LPN) in the state of Louisiana. Residents at Haven live in units/hallways referred to as “households.” The Household Nurse (LPN) is an essential member of the household caregiving team, responsible for performing nursing functions within the household. The Household Nurse works a 12-hour shift, providing more time off, including 3-days off, every other weekend.
Primary duties include:
• Ensures the clinical operations in the household are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations while honoring person-centered care; observes resident status as necessary to assure quality care and coordinates with other resident services to assure continuity of care;
• Implements clinical policies and procedures which ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of nursing care;
• Assures that documentation, medication administration, resident nursing care, safety and sanitation, the resident assessment process, quality assurance and resident rights are in compliance with the nursing home’s standards;
• Fosters collaboration, consensus and negotiation to address problem solving in the household; assures that all clinical policies and procedures of the household are maintained; interprets and communicates same to all in the household as needed, with an emphasis on resident, family or designated representative relationships;
• Maintains working relationship with physicians and other medical personnel in support of quality clinical care in the households.
• Must meet regulatory requirements for licensure as an LPN in the state of Louisiana;
• Clinical skills sufficient to meet all the primary responsibilities identified above;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, supervisory skills, interpersonal relationship skills and knowledge of federal and state regulations governing clinical care, nursing practice and leadership;
• Commitment to person-centered care.
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
• Experience working in nursing homes or post-acute care;
• Certification in food handling (ServeSafe or equivalent);
• CPR certification;
• Knowledge and training about caring for persons living with dementia;
• Experience working with American HealthTech clinical software.
• Must be able to lift/push up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, crawl, reach and kneel using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time.
• A LPN license check will be conducted on all final candidates for this position;
• Full vaccination for COVID-19 either before employment or upon upon hire;
• Tuberculosis screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment;• Negative COVID-19 test prior to employment;
• Employment reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance and contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
Company Benefits Include:
• Competitive starting wage
• Opportunity for advancement
• Group health insurance (full-time employees)
• Group life insurance (full-time employees)
• Voluntary - dental insurance
• Voluntary – short-term disability
• Liberal paid time off policy (full-time employees)
• Education assistance plan (IRS Section 127)
• Professional growth and stability
Haven Nursing Center is a non-traditional, household model nursing home dedicated to providing quality care within a life-affirming, caring community. Haven Nursing Center, also, has a separate and distinct outpatient rehab clinic offering PT, OT & SP.
Haven Nursing Center is a 99-bed, licensed nursing facility. Founded in 1958, by Dr. Wren Causey, it continues to be family owned and operated.
Haven provides short term care and rehabilitation after surgery, injury stroke or debilitating illness. We provide a restful and caring environment, staffed with professional therapists in a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility. Our rehab gym offers a full range of therapy equipment, treatment areas and an in-ground swimming pool.
Our households feature carpeted floors and call systems that are intentionally designed to avoid the beeping and other intrusive sounds commonly found in hospitals and skilled care settings. Skilled and caring staff assist each of our clients while they recover strength and restore functioning.
Each short-term care room offers a bath and shower, TV with cable, and telephone. Our Household Model groups 16 bedrooms around a shared family-style kitchen, dining room and living room that are similar to those found in a private home and allow the residents a high degree of flexibility in how they choose to live their lives.
Residents who require ongoing skilled nursing care live in our Long Term Care households. The environment is welcoming and friendly. Floors are carpeted, and our monitoring and call systems are intentionally designed to avoid the beeping and other intrusive sounds that are common in hospitals and skilled care settings.
In Long Term Care, each household consists spacious bedrooms grouped around a shared family-style kitchen, small dining room and living room that are similar to those found in a private home and allow the residents a high degree of flexibility to set their own schedules for sleeping and waking, meal times and other activities.
The majority of rooms are private, with bathrooms and showers. Most households include one or more double room – ideal for couples, or those who would like to share a room. Cable TV is included. Phones are an available option.
LONG-TERM CARE SERVICES
Haven's long term care services are 100% Medicare and Medicaid certified. Our services include:
Nursing staff on duty 24-hours a day
Assistance with activities of daily living
Comprehensive care plan developed based on individual needs and preferences
Activities based on resident’s preferences and choices
Resident council meetings
Transportation for medical appointments
Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services are available to our Long Term Care residents through our in-house rehab department.
Our long term residents are assisted with many types of weekly exercises to retain their strength and mobility, providing each resident the tools needed to maximize his or her potential for maintaining personal independence and dignity.
Hospice services, provided by a contracted provider, are available for Haven residents.
Haven Nursing Center has adopted the household model of living for all of our Short Term Rehabilitation and Long Term Care communities.
The household model reflects a progressive and transformative approach to delivering services to older adults. The model is thoughtfully based on person-directed values and practices that consider and respect the voices of seniors and their caregivers. These principles include choice, dignity, respect, self-determination and purposeful living.
Each household has decision-making autonomy and is consistently staffed. Residents get up when they want, bathe how and when they want, go to bed when they want, eat when and what they want and decide how they will spend their day. Household life is “normal,” spontaneous and full of new experiences.
Each household features 16 - 25 rooms with a shared family-style kitchen, small dining room and living room that feel similar to those found in a private home. Most bedrooms are large private rooms. Living rooms feature bookshelves, a TV/movie area and a fireplace.
This smaller-scale arrangement, has a more intimate feel and allows residents a large degree of flexibility to set their own schedules – for sleeping and waking, for meal times and for other activities. We feel that’s only right. After all, this is their home.
The household model also allows a more companionable connection between a household’s residents, as well as greater familiarity between residents and the staff who work in each household and are empowered to make decisions to best serve the residents’ needs in the moment.