RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing/Administrator/Assistant Director of Nursing
1. The infection preventionist maintains and oversees an infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for the residents, and to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infections.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (SDC) DUTIES (NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Education, training, orientation and skills check-offs of staff.
2. Assist with ongoing staff education, CPR training, CNA training and in-services.
3. Attend training seminars and webinars as needed.
4. Assist with NA testing.
5. Facilitate training with local colleges and schools as a clinical site and testing site.
6. Implement and maintain Medline University.
7. Develop and maintain a staff education tracking system for training mandatory information.
8. Serve as program Director of Education.
9. Develop and provide CE for nursing staff.
10. Maintain CE provider status with ABN.
11. Develop new programs to submit to the ABN for approval, as needed.
12. Conduct NA classes.
13. Serve as a Certified Dementia Practitioner.
14. Serve as a member of the Alzheimer’s Association.
15. Serve on the Cullman County Health Care Coalition and attend necessary meetings, trainings, and events.
16. Other job duties as assigned.
***Applicant Must possess an L.P.N or R.N. License***
Long Term Nursing and Rehabilitation Center