Founded in 1998, Holtmeier Construction is a local, family-owned Construction company that serves Southern Minnesota. Since modest beginnings, we pride ourselves in the fast-growing evolution of Holtmeier Construction. From conducting some of the largest underground construction projects in Southern Minnesota to our aggregate operations, there is great opportunity to build your career.
Holtmeier Construction is seeking a pipelayer to join our fast-paced utility, aggregate crushing and quarry teams for the upcoming construction season.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Have general insight of outdoor construction in various environments
· Valid driver's license, a commercial driver's license is preferred.
· Attention to safety of self and others at all times.
· Excellent attendance, arriving to work prepared for the day.
· Willingness to listen, learn, and communicate with others.
· Take pride in your work, knowing that you are making a difference.
· Treat equipment, tools, and peers with respect at all times.
· Must have the ability to pass a physical exam and drug test.
A day in the life as a Pipelayer:
The average day of a pipelayer starts with assisting general laborers in preparing all the tools and materials for the day. Once the mainline excavator operator starts digging, the pipelayer is there with him as a second set of eyes and a guide to make sure that the crew is digging efficiently and safely. The pipelayer is responsible for the proper assembly and installation of all pipes that go into the ground. Holtmeier specializes in sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and watermain. During the busy season we generally work 10-12 hour days with occasional Saturdays depending on time of year, weather conditions, and project timelines.
Benefits & Compensation- Holtmeier Construction offers health insurance and retirement packages. Pay is based on qualifications.
Why would you love to work for Holtmeier?
· Work for a company with a great reputation
· Work for a growing company with opportunity for advancement
· Safe work environment and superior efficiency practices
· Travel- 60- mile radius- home every night to family
· Up to date equipment
Holtmeier is an equal opportunity employer.
Holtmeier Construction is an underground, heavy equipment construction company operating in Mankato, Minnesota and the surrounding area.