Automotive technicians are a vital part of the Service Department and an integral part of our dealerships! Your job is to quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. At Hunter Auto Group, you can expect a clean and safe work environment built on our company's Core Values...Integrity, Never Settle, Strong Work Ethic, and Positive Attitude!
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership/manufacture standards.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification.
- Explain mechanical diagnosis and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and record findings that necessary repairs can be made.
- Maintain an organized and safe work area.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an automotive technician (mechanic) or have Automotive Certification / Associates Degree
- ASE certifications highly preferred.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Initiative to support other team members in order meet department goals and deadlines.
- You must have an adequate supply of your own hand tools and special air tools. All others will be supplied by the company.
Guidelines we expect employees to follow:
- Fixing it right the first time using the latest diagnostic procedures and special tools is just one of your important job requirements.
- Ask your Service Manager or ASM for clarification on anything you don’t understand on the repair order, especially on the customer’s ‘prime item”. “NPF” (No Problem Found) is not the correct answer.
- Use the repair guidelines outlined by the factory during your day to day work assignments.
- Complete all scheduled services using the company Preventative Maintenance Menu Guide or the Owner’s Manual.
- Put all shop equipment and special tools back in their proper place when you are through using them.
Physical Demands and Environment/Tools utilized:
stretching, bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling, twisting, typing, reading, talking, writing, manipulating computer controls, walking, standing, reaching and squatting, manipulation of tools for repair. Temperature variations according to season.
Technician jobs are challenging and extensive training is available to those who are career minded and want to advance!
Why we do what we do:
Since 1940 Hunter Automotive Group has improved the quality of life of everyone we've touched, by acting with honesty, never settling for less than the best, working until the job is done, and creating a community of possibility!
How we do what we do:
Family owned and operated, our owners are on-site, giving our customers and our employees the peace of mind and experience that comes with being hands-on business owners for more than 76 years! We have achieved customer loyalty with more than 250,000 customers. Our long-term company success is created by our dedicated employee team!
What we do:
Hunter Automotive Group sells new and pre-owned automotive brands you can trust – Subaru, Hyundai, Nissan and Volvo. Our dealerships are equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and staffed with factory-trained, certified technicians. Our Sales Teams Never Settle - they strive to provide each and every customer the highest quality customer service in our industry. Our Buy Here Pay Here store and Dealership Finance Teams treat each customer as the individual they are, providing finance options tailored to their specific needs. Our Detail Technicians create a WOW! experience, every time our customers step into their vehicles. Our Parts Team, Driver's and Office Support staff work behind the scenes to make daily operations seamless!
What’s in it for you?
When you become an employee with Hunter Automotive Group, you become a contribution – by living the company’s core values you improve the lives of everyone you touch! You will also receive a competitive total compensation package, including a Competative Pay Plan, Health and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, 401k with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Employee Discounts on Vehicle Purchases and Service, and Training & Development opportunities to support your continued Career Growth!
Hunter Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/E-Verify Participant