Who You Are: You are passionate and have a heart for kids. You are detail oriented, solution driven and self-motivated. You are passionate about customer service. You are reliable.
As an intern/volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What You Will Do: Programs Administration Intern/Volunteer will provide:
• Phone Support: Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, take and relay messages, provide information to callers
• Client/Visitor Greeting: Greet persons entering organization and direct them to the correct destination and/or answer questions as appropriate.
• General administrative support: Scheduling meeting, manage incoming/outgoing mail, travel arrangements, maintain office supplies, car fleet records and maintain filing systems. Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with Client data bases and Medicaid verification a plus.
• Client Support: Take payments, assists with intake paperwork and scheduling appointments
• Special projects/tasks as assigned by staff: Examples are archival of old information and files as well as organizing the office supply space and collecting documentation needed for regulatory visits.
What We Offer Back: Every intern/volunteer contributes to the success of our mission. You can proudly tell your friends and family that every hour you spend serving with us helps provide accessible services to Idaho’s youth who need it most. You’ll also receive an awesome discount in our thrift stores, and serve in a caring and compassionate environment, where we are better together.
Why Unite With Us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
• Weekly (Monday – Friday, 8am - 5pm), 2-4 hour shifts. Ideally mornings 830a - 1pm would be best.
• 1-5x a week (depending on intern’s schedule)
• Can accommodate Summer, Fall or Spring internships.
How: To intern/volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Submit application and resume
• Submit to a criminal background check
• Complete interview
• Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.