You Are: You are passionate and have a heart for kids. You are
self-motivated. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You are reliable. You
enjoy the feeling of a job accomplished.
As a volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What You Will Do: Arena Assistant will provide:
• Assist Arena Staff in care and upkeep of the animal facilities, including cleaning and mucking out stalls, sweeping of barn and indoor arena, including bleachers.
• Work with Arena Staff to clean up arena post session and return horses to stall/pasture.
• Work with Arena Staff to keep pastures cleaned and ready for use.
• Work with Arena Staff in outdoor work including chopping, raking weeds into piles and other beautification projects.
What We Offer Back: Every volunteer contributes to the success of our mission. You can proudly tell your friends and family that every hour you spend serving with us helps provide accessible services to Idaho’s youth who need it most. You’ll also receive an awesome discount in our thrift stores, and serve in a caring and compassionate environment, where we are better together.
Why Unit With Use: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
• Weekly (Monday – Sunday, (9am - 5pm)
• 2-4 hour shifts
• 1-5x a week (depending on volunteer’s schedule)
How: To volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Submit application
• Submit to a criminal background check- including fingerprints, drug test, and TB test
• Ability to commit to 6 months of service
• Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.