Who: Advanced year Clinical Counseling interns interested in gaining and applying clinical knowledge and expertise in treating trauma and trauma-related symptomology in youth and young adults. Must possess an interest in learning how to identify and utilize client strengths and needs to drive ethical and appropriate diagnosis and treatment of various mental health disorders using evidence-based and best-practice guidelines and interventions. Applicants who are interested in becoming skilled clinicians utilizing the DSM V and will be seeking employment in a clinical setting post- graduation are encouraged to apply. Must be a self-motivated, life-long learner.
What: Clinical Program Intern will:
• Complete a comprehensive diagnostic assessment for each client in service
• Identify and utilize clients strengths and needs using a CANS assessment
• Use the results of CANS assessments to drive treatment plan
• Utilize evidence-based interventions specific to clients diagnosis
• Document weekly sessions, complete required assessments and paperwork in timely fashion
• Gain experience in various settings to apply to your professional growth (e.g., individual, group, family counseling; case management)
• Collaborate with other IYR staff and community partners to coordinate services for client and families
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Participate in trainings and supervision sessions
Clinical Program Intern will need:
• Valid, State issued driver’s license
• To be at least 19 years of age
• To be able to keep up with physical demands that, depending on the internship setting, would include recreational and community work situations
Why: You are interested in learning and applying clinical theory to the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. You are passionate about working with a non-profit, youth-serving organization. You would like to learn more about the accurate and ethical identification and treatment of trauma. You want to help Idaho Youth Ranch achieve its goal of providing promising futures to its clients.
When: Depends on practicum requirements
How: In order to be considered for this internship, you will need to:
- Submit application and resume
- Submit to a criminal background check and pre-service drug/alcohol screening
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.