Who you are:
- 2nd year Clinical Counseling student interested in
gaining and applying clinical knowledge and expertise in treating trauma and
trauma-related symptomology in youth and young adults.
- Must possess an interest
in learning how to identify and utilize client strengths and needs to drive
ethical and appropriate diagnosis and treatment of various mental health
disorders using evidence-based and best-practice guidelines and interventions.
- Applicants who are interested in becoming skilled clinicians utilizing the DSM
V and will be seeking employment in a clinical setting post- graduation are
encouraged to apply.
What: Clinical Program Intern
- Complete a comprehensive diagnostic assessment for each client in service
- Identify and utilize clients strengths and needs using a CANS assessment
- Use the results of CANS assessments to drive treatment plan
- Utilize evidence-based interventions specific to clients diagnosis
- Document weekly sessions, complete required assessments and paperwork in
- Gain experience in various settings to apply to your professional growth
(e.g., individual, group, family counseling; case management)
- Collaborate with other IYR staff and community partners to coordinate
services for client and families
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Participate in trainings and supervision sessions
Clinical Program Intern will need:
- Valid, State issued driver’s license
- To be at least 19 years of age
- To be able to keep up with physical demands that, depending on the internship
setting, would include recreational and community work situations
Why: You are interested in learning and applying clinical theory to the
diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. You are passionate about
working with a non-profit, youth-serving organization. You would like to learn
more about the accurate and ethical identification and treatment of trauma. You
want to help Idaho Youth Ranch achieve its goal of providing promising futures
to its clients.
When: Depends on practicum requirements
How: In order to be considered for this internship, you will need to:
- Submit application and resume
- Submit to Criminal History Unit background check through DHW and pre-service drug/alcohol screening
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteers
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.
View all company job openings