Who: You are kind, patient and enjoy working with small to large groups of volunteers. You have a passion for service that helps move a mission forward. You enjoy developing relationships. You are comfortable answering questions, and teaching volunteers how to do their task.
As a volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What: Jewelry Hosts will:
• Travel to volunteer sites to host jewelry sorting events with designated groups.
• Help volunteers who are presorting jewelry donations into categories (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, other) and preparing and packaging the sorted jewelry.
• Answer volunteer’s questions about the process
• Package and count completed pieces of jewelry for tallying
What We Offer Back: Every volunteer contributes to the success of our mission. You can proudly tell your friends and family that every hour you spend serving with us helps provide accessible services to Idaho’s youth who need it most. You’ll also receive an awesome discount in our thrift stores, and serve in a caring and compassionate environment, where we are better together.
Why Unite With Us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
Where: In the community. Will always start at IYR’s Nagel Complex – 5465 Irving St, Boise.
• Afternoons, Weekly (3rd Mondays, 3rd Tuesdays, 1st Thursdays)
• 1-2 hour shifts (travel and setup/takedown included)
• 1-2x a week (depending on volunteer’s schedule)
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Submit application and resume.
• Submit to a criminal background check
• Complete interview
• Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.