Who you are: You have an interest in volunteer management. You are a people person and a go-getter! You have a positive attitude, are detail oriented, organized, and enjoy process. You enjoy building relationships and creating community.
As a volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What you will do: the Volunteer Services Assistant will:
- update volunteer positions on a monthly basis
- Assist in creating volunteer recognition materials
- Help guide volunteers through the orientation process, based on interest, including:
- Scheduling and performing pre-screening interviews, developing relationships with potential new volunteers
- Learning and organizing the new volunteer orientation process
- Facilitating orientation meetings using a PowerPoint, either online or in-person
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services Team to perform onboarding tasks for new volunteers
What we offer back: Every volunteer contributes to the success of our mission. You can proudly tell your friends and family that every hour you spend serving with us helps provide accessible services to Idaho's youth who need it most. You'll also receive an awesome discount in our thrift stores, and serve in a caring and compassionate environment, where we are better together.
Why unite with us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
Where: Administrative offices, 5465 W Irving St. Bldg 2, Boise, ID, 83706
When: Weekly (Monday-Friday, between 9am and 4pm)
- 2-4 hour shifts
- 1-3x a week (depending on volunteer's schedule)
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- be at least 16 years old
- Submit application
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteers
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.
View all company job openings