The Idaho Youth Ranch has been helping the youth and families of Idaho since 1953. Hays House, a program of the IYR, is the Treasure Valley’s only 24-Hour shelter for runaway and homeless youth. This shelter and its employees gives kids a safe, supportive, caring, and stable place to live while we help them find their way forward. Our support services include life-skills classes, strength-based family and individual counseling from a master’s level clinician, structured education, and community-based recreation. Hays House also provides access to an accredited academic program for grades 9 to 12 that includes GED instruction and testing.
Hays House is looking for caring and optimistic individuals to join their team as a Direct Care Staff Member. The Direct Care Staff work on the floor with the youth, supervise their daily living and carry out individualized learning in accordance with their Service Plan.
• Helps with resident orientation
• Supports supervisor by asking for help or guidance when needed and by actively participating in quality improvement efforts
• Implements the treatment strategies on a regular basis and as directed
• Supports the work of coworkers with youth who may have needs in addition to those addressed through regular programming (e.g., a child who is in the “transition phase” of their treatment and needs to develop independent living skills)
• Ensures application of identified program philosophy practices in their work with youth residents
• Aware of the reintegration plans of each individual child in their program and reinforces the plan through regular interaction with each child
• Carries out duties and tasks in accordance with the program’s standards and procedures (SAPs)
• Works side by side with youth to teach and instruct them in the proper ways of cleaning and maintaining their living environment and possessions
• Works with team members and residents to manage the upkeep of their facility, equipment and other assets
• Attends and actively participates in weekly team meetings
• Ensures children are supervised in accordance with program SAP’s
• Proactive with behavioral management techniques to ensure the avoidance or reduction of crisis situations
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• 1 year experience in related field preferred
• Must hold current certifications in first aid, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), physical/non-physical crisis intervention, or complete the requirements for certification within 90 days of hire
• Must have a valid, state-issued driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to work weekends and evenings
• May be assigned to work one of three shifts depending on the needs of the program
• May be required to attend an occasional organizational meeting or training sessions that requires overnight travel and that may last for several days
• Duties may require occasional work on evenings or weekends
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time in a temperature controlled environment, some work may be in a residential facility
• Duties require incumbent to keep up with physical demands of an active teenage life including recreational and community work situations
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. Additionally, all employees receive a 25% off discount on merchandise in the thrift store locations.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.