We need a team player!
Idaho Youth Ranch has been changing kids’ lives for over 60 years. If you are looking for an organization that will allow you to learn, grow, and change lives, you’ve found your way home.
Idaho Youth Ranch uses Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Functional Family Therapy, and Equine Therapy to help kids who have been victimized, abused, traumatized, or homeless to overcome their pain and create positive meaningful relationships while pursuing a promising future.
We are looking for an experienced person with a passion for kids! As a Youth Specialist you will work directly on the floor with the children, supervise their daily living and carry out individualized learning in accordance with the Service Plan.
We are looking for a positive role model. We are changing the world one kid at a time. Will you join us?
• Change kids’ lives by helping with resident orientation
• Change kids’ lives by supporting the supervisor by asking for help or guidance when needed and by actively participating in quality improvement efforts.
• Change kids’ lives by implementing the treatment strategies on a regular basis and as directed.
• Change kids’ lives by supporting the work of coworkers with youth who may have needs in addition to those addressed through regular programming.
• Change kids’ lives by ensuring the application of identified program philosophy practices in their work with your residents.
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services field preferred
• One year experience in related field preferred
• Must hold current certifications in first aid, CPR, physical/non-physical crisis intervention, or complete the requirements for certification within 90 days of hire
• Must have a valid, state-issued driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Registered with the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses as a Clinical Supervisor preferred
• Our Youth Specialist has a fun job and with a lot of dynamics. The ideal candidate for the job will need to have a passion for helping kids.
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• May be assigned to work different shifts depending on the needs of the program
• May be required to attend an occasional organizational meeting or training session that requires overnight travel and that may last for several days
• Duties require incumbent to work overnight shifts and may include weekends
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time in a temperature controlled environment, some work may be in a residential facility
• Duties require incumbent to keep up with physical demands of an active teenage life including recreational and community work situations.
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.