As the IYR Grader/Sorter you will be responsible for sorting hardline goods, softline items (clothing), or shoes. Those who apply must be detailed oriented as the position requires you to have a keen eye for quality and be alert for defects.
• Sorts and selects clothing, shoes, linens , household goods and other donated items according to established quality standards
• Meets daily production goals for amounts processed
• Produces acceptable quality ratio to amounts processed
• Separates goods into categories
• Ensures items are placed in proper category or box
• Identifies recyclable material and puts in proper container
• Responsible for keeping work areas clean and free of debris
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Previous textile sorting, distribution or warehouse experience preferred
• Must have basic math, reading and writing skills
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment temperatures 0 – 100 F
• Potential hazards exist regarding machinery such as forklifts, pallets jacks, conveyors, and other mechanized systems.
• Candidate must be able to regularly safely lift 40 lbs.
• Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable ranges.
• The position involves repetitive motions over the duration of an entire shift, including standing and walking and repeated bending, stretching, twisting and lifting
• Safety equipment, gloves, closed toed shoes are required
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.