Leadership with purpose—that is what the Program Manager brings to Idaho Youth Ranch Hays House, where homeless and runaway youth find safety, healing, and hope. Your passion for helping young people makes you the ideal candidate to join our mission for Idaho’s kids. If you have a natural desire to serve and a commitment to making a difference, then we need to talk!
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting, life-changing impact on kids who need a caring adult to help them through difficult circumstances. Our Program Manager is an essential part of our leadership team who works closely with young people and has a strategic mindset to see what is possible when we come together around a mission.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is seeking an amazing new leader to join us. We are looking for someone with a passion for kids, an eye for detail, a commitment to relationship building, and a willingness to jump in and get the job done.
Are you ready to lead an energetic, passionate team to provide healing & hope to Idaho’s most vulnerable kids?
What is Hays House? Hays House is a critical part of the Idaho Youth Ranch family of programs. It is the only 24-hour shelter for homeless and runaway youth in the Treasure Valley and Idaho’s only Safe Place®. In addition to emergency shelter services, we also offer:
· Respite care to give primary caregivers much-needed relief and improve family stability
· Drop-in services so young people can stop in for a safe place to get a warm shower, a hot meal, and more
· Hays House gives kids a safe, supportive, caring, stable place to live while we help them find their way forward
So, who are we? Since 1953, Idaho Youth Ranch has provided healing and hope for Idaho’s kids. We use proven therapies and programs to help kids who have experienced loss or adversity transform childhood trauma into hope. We offer a statewide network of services to kids 9–24 years old and their families, including outpatient therapies, residential care, adoption services, and career readiness.
Our Mission: We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where relationships are the foundation. We are all committed to the same mission, where growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show compassion, where trust guides us to transparency, and above all, where joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment, just to name a few.
How will you impact our mission? The Program Manager serves a critical role in building and supporting a strong, effective team grounded in a positive culture that embodies IYR values. Your job is to create conditions and shape the environment where staff and youth well-being, job satisfaction, and program outcomes flourish. In addition, you will oversee all operations, manage team development, and build and maintain strong community partnerships to improve services to youth.
Our Program Manager:
• Ensures training is delivered in conjunction with the established IYR Employee Training process/plans
• Maintains program operations that are consistent with the model(s) and standards chosen to reflect agency mission and values
• Monitors spending and expenses for the department and is actively involved in developing the department budget for each fiscal cycle. Ensures program operates within budget
• Ensures program and services components meet regulatory standards
• Must be 25+ years of age
• Must have a valid Idaho driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire
• Must possess a master’s degree in behavioral science and one year experience working directly with youth, or a bachelor’s degree in behavioral science and four years working with youth, two of which are in direct youth services
• Minimum 5 years management experience preferred
As a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding this position and our benefits, and to submit your application, visit our website www.youthranch.org/join-us
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.