Often, the difference between whether a young person succeeds or falls through the cracks is one caring adult. When a young person feels lost and hopeless, you can be the safe adult to help them walk toward healing and hope. That is what the Residential Therapist brings to Idaho Youth Ranch Hays House, where homeless and runaway youth find safety. Your passion for helping young people makes you the ideal candidate to join our mission for Idaho’s kids. If you have a natural desire to serve and a commitment to make a difference, then we need to talk!
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting, life-changing impact on kids who need a caring adult to help them through difficult circumstances. Our Residential Therapist works with kids who have seen trauma, adversity, and loss and helps them find the best in themselves.
What is Hays House? Hays House is a critical part of the Idaho Youth Ranch family of programs. It is the only 24-hour shelter for homeless and runaway youth in the Treasure Valley and Idaho’s only Safe Place®. In addition to emergency shelter services, we also offer:
· Respite care to give primary caregivers much-needed relief and improve family stability
· Drop-in services so young people can stop in for a safe place to get a warm shower, a hot meal, and more
· Hays House gives kids a safe, supportive, caring, stable place to live while we help them find their way forward
So, who are we? Since 1953, Idaho Youth Ranch has provided healing and hope for Idaho’s kids. We use proven therapies and programs to help kids who have experienced loss or adversity transform childhood trauma into hope. We offer a statewide network of services to kids 9–24 years old and their families, including outpatient therapies, residential care, adoption services, and career readiness.
Our Mission: We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where relationships are the foundation. We are all committed to the same mission, where growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show compassion, where trust guides us to transparency, and above all, where joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment, just to name a few. In addition, as a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
How will you impact our mission? As a Residential Therapist for Hays House, you will work directly with young people staying at our short-term residential facility to help them identify challenging areas and take a strength-based, trauma-informed approach to healing and hope.
• A Master’s degree (or higher) in a direct clinical practice human services field (e.g., social work, psychology, marriage and family counseling, or very closely related field of study) is required.
• Idaho State Licensure associated with the degree, or ability to obtain prior to hire: Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors (LCPC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT).
• A valid Idaho’s driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment
• Be at least 25 years of age
Our Residential Therapists:
• Perform assessments, evaluations, observations, and interviews using a variety of tools to identify needs and formulate diagnostic impressions
• Develop treatment plans and recommended services and interventions in collaboration with the client and family
• Provide direct counseling to individuals, families, and/or groups
• May have scheduled sessions in the late afternoon/evenings or on weekends, as scheduling is dependent on the needs and availability of the client
• Rotate on-call duties
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding this position and our benefits, visit our website at: www.youthranch.org/join-us
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.