***Interviews for this position will begin on the week of 10/25
When a young person feels lost and hopeless, you can be a safe adult to help them walk toward healing and hope. That is what a Youth Care Provider brings to Idaho Youth Ranch Hays House, where homeless and runaway youth find safety. Your passion for helping young people makes you the ideal candidate to join our mission for Idaho’s kids. If you have a natural desire to serve and a commitment to making a difference, then we need to talk!
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting, life-changing impact on kids who need a caring adult to help them through difficult circumstances. Our Youth Care Provider is an essential part of our therapeutic team who works closely with young people and helps them find their path toward hope and independence.
What is Hays House? Hays House is a critical part of the Idaho Youth Ranch family of programs. It is the only 24-hour shelter for homeless and runaway youth in the Treasure Valley and Idaho’s only Safe Place®. In addition to emergency shelter services, we also offer:
· Respite care to give primary caregivers much-needed relief and improve family stability
· Drop-in services so young people can stop in for a safe place to get a warm shower, a hot meal, and more
· Hays House gives kids a safe, supportive, caring, stable place to live while we help them find their way forward
So, who are we? Since 1953, Idaho Youth Ranch has provided healing and hope for Idaho’s kids. We use proven therapies and programs to help kids who have experienced loss or adversity transform childhood trauma into hope. We offer a statewide network of services to kids 9–24 years old and their families, including outpatient therapies, residential care, adoption services, and career readiness.
Our Mission: We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where relationships are the foundation. We are all committed to the same mission, where growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show compassion, where trust guides us to transparency, and above all, where joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment, just to name a few.
How will you impact our mission? The Youth Care Provider gives direct supervision of daily living and individualized learning plans of the youth in our care.
Our Youth Care Providers:
• Provide care and supervision to youth residents
* Help with youth orientation
• Guide and support youth in carrying out daily activities such as morning routines, chores, homework, meal times, group activities and evening routines
* Implement the treatment strategies
• Provide a consistent, safe and supportive environment to help youth manage behavioral and emotional responses
* Builds positive relationships with youth by providing a consistent, supportive presence and engaging youth in ways that demonstrate respect, care and belief in their potential
* Carry out duties and tasks in accordance with the program’s standards and procedures (SAPs)
• Will be on call only after training
• Must be 21+ years of age
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid Idaho driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire
As a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding this position and our benefits, and to submit your application, visit our website www.youthranch.org/join-us
Type: 4 Full Time, 3 Part Time and 1 Relief
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.