As a Lead Production Clerk you will provide management support for store manager including carrying store keys. Responsible for donor service at the backdoor. Unloads and stages processed and donated goods. Organizes and maintains store back alley, backroom inventory, supplies and general conditions. Cleans, prices and stocks merchandise as directed by store management. Provides customer service on the sales floor as needed. Excellent customer service skills are required to effectively perform the job, as you will interact with multiple donors a day.
· Key carrying manager with opening and closing responsibilities at the store manager’s discretion.
· Greets donors and unloads donated goods
· Writes receipts, handing out company literature & thanking donors
· Stages product for distribution driver pickup
· Assists distribution drivers with loading and unloading trucks
· Drives production process in the store backroom to increase sales floor in-stock
· Operates balers, compactors and hand trucks.
· Maintains backroom and back alley equipment to ensure they are in working order
· Maintains backroom and back alley areas, organizes regularly, straightening material, and cleans as needed
· Keeps the back alley and backroom clear of debris.
· Identifies recyclable materials and puts in proper bin
· Communicates with store management any problems, concerns or new ideas.
· Suggests improvements to store procedures and processes
· Acts to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, reduce waste and increase revenue
· Provides training to new store employees as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience in effectively operating equipment such as fork lift, pallet jack, truck lift gate, handcart and other loading tools
Strong interpersonal and sales skills
Professional verbal communication skills
Demonstrated work ethic, integrity and professional conduct
General knowledge of the retail environment, including knowledge of popular brands, product pricing and antiques
Ability to work weekends regularly
Ability to effectively work with little supervision
Valid Idaho Driver’s License
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Must be able to accurately discern colors
Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including hot and cold environments regularly
Incumbent may stand for long periods of time
Incumbent may use cash register, credit card machine, check processing, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
Stooping, bending, twisting, lifting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
You’ve got passion. You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment. You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro, and you have a hard working attitude. You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures. The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today. For more information, visit www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.