As a Programs Assistant you will provide clerical, administrative and operational support for one of the Anchor House Counseling program at the Idaho Youth Ranch. This job requires the applicant to adhere to the highest standards of customer service, and to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and orderliness at the residential site. Those who apply must have the follow traits and skills: An ability to manage multiple tasks and requests; Basic computer skills; An ability to figure a balance sheet; Basic writing, grammar and spelling skills; A results oriented mindset; and finally an ability to work within a team structure.
This is a part time role - 20 hours per week.
• Greets telephone callers and visitors in a friendly and helpful manner
• Has excellent computer skills
• Accepts inquires and referrals for AH services using excellent customer service and communication skills to: obtain and document information; helpfully guide inquiries; present inquiries with commentary to clinical supervisor, make appropriate outside agency referrals, manage the status and wait list for potential and existing clients; maintain the inquiry database; coordinate and communicate status of cases with Clinical Supervisor
• Prepares letters, reports, documents, etc. for assigned personnel
• Assists the Program Director with the program’s financial and payroll processes
• Collects, organizes and distributes Service Plan updates, critical incidents and other program information as directed
• Documents weekly team meetings and quarterly Quality Assurance meetings; maintains organized file system for all minutes
• Ensures the public areas of the facility are maintained properly
• Maintains client records ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information
• Maintains office supply inventory
• Creates and maintains various reports
• Helps with the purchasing of the client’s food
• Assists in the collection and completion of documentation need for regulatory visits
• Maintain HIPAA compliance at all times
• Complete outcome calls for adoption program
• Creates, distributes and maintains various reports
• Manages the coordination and use of the facilities with IYR and community partners
• Maintains the adoptions lending library
• Manages incoming and outgoing mail
• Ensures proper maintenance of the facility, vehicles and office equipment
• Support of program components such as Adoptions, Equine Therapy, and Outpatient Services
• Helps set up and maintain adoption files
• High School Diploma. Some secretarial/clerical courses in college or technical school is preferred
• Two years working experience as a secretary, office assistant or related position, handling phones, bookkeeping and various other clerical duties
• Computer literate with word processing, spreadsheet and some experience with database programs
• Must hold current certifications in first aid, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), physical, or complete the requirements for certification within 90 days of hire
• Must have a valid, state-issued driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• Most work is performed in a temperature controlled environment
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
• Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
You’re a leader, who likes to lead by example
Satisfaction is your game, as you encourage others to always work at their best. You always have a positive attitude and you use it to influence fellow co-workers. You have a hard working mindset that allows others to maintain a high moral. You welcome diversity. You value employees and customers that you like to develop professional relationships with them.
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.