The Idaho Youth Ranch is excitedly looking for a Retail Support Assistant. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Thrift Store locations with a variety of administrative tasks. In addition to this, you will assist with picking up and delivering donated merchandise from local businesses.
• Support Idaho Youth Ranch Thrift Stores
• Fill Thrift Stores admin orders
• Maintain, purchase and keep track of inventory on operating supplies
• Operate copier/printer, laminator, cutter & folding machine
• Manage workflow by assigned tasks ensuring deadlines are met and work is done correctly
• Pick up donations as needed and deliver them to thrift stores or distribution center
• Deliver donations as needed to other non-profits
• Purchase operating supplies and maintain close communication with vendors on company orders
• Utilize a P-Card, allocating funds to appropriate budget categories; code invoices.
• Driver’s license
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic math, reading and writing skills
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Great communication & organization skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• Most work is performed in a climate controlled environment
• Ability to lift and carry 25-35lbs
• Frequent sitting, bending, kneeling, reaching, or driving
• Frequent copier use
• Frequent computer use
You’re a leader, who likes to lead by example
Satisfaction is your game, as you encourage others to always work at their best. You always have a positive attitude and you use it to influence fellow co-workers. You have a hard working mindset that allows others to maintain a high moral. You welcome diversity. You value employees and customers that you like to develop professional relationships with them.
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.