The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Our mission:
We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency, and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment just to name a few.
How will you impact our mission? Every position at Idaho Youth Ranch contributes to the success of our mission. As a Staff Accountant, you can proudly tell your family and friends that you help nurture hope, healing, and resilience in Idaho’s youth by supporting our agency in its day to day operations, which includes our network of the thrift stores; the profits of which go to fund our Programs and Services and make them accessible to all youth who need those services in Idaho.
• Above average skills in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, with advanced skills in Excel
• Basic understanding of nonprofit accounting
• Ability to interpret and apply complex laws, codes, regulations and ordinances
• Ability to organize own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Two years of experience in accounting including all aspects of the general ledger
• Two years of experience in retail and/or a social service agency
• Maintain fixed asset schedules and associates depreciation schedules
• Oversee, analyze, and review transactions recorded in all general ledger accounts across multiple cost centers
• Prepare and record journal entries as needed
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding this position and our benefits, and to submit your application, visit our website www.youthranch.org/join-us
Idaho Youth Ranch is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping vulnerable, at-risk kids transform the pain and despair of childhood trauma into hope for a promising future.
We unite for Idaho's youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
RELATIONSHIPS are the foundation.
COMMITMENT to our mission unites us.
GROWTH is always possible.
TRANSPARENCY makes us stronger.
COMPASSION is our lens.
JOY sustains us.