As the Fleet Manager / Mechanic, you'll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our trucks, trailers and equipment. We are seeking a mechanic who is passionate about providing our employees with excellent service by performing maintenance on our vehicles and continually improving the efficiency of our fleet operations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player who has experience taking apart and fixing small engine equipment, basic maintenance of the fleet (larger repairs will be sent out but managed by the Fleet Manager), likes solving problems, enjoys working with his or her hands, and is eager to be active throughout an entire shift.
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles and equipment.
• Fix any issues or manage the repairs of the issues.
• Utilize available & implement new technology to optimize day-to-day operations
• Track inventory levels for spare parts on an ongoing basis
• Maintain warehouse organization and set example for teammates
• Assist with field operations as needed such as: vehicle loading and redistribution, respond to on-demand and in-field employee service requests
• Nightly close up of the shop and inspections of equipment upon being returned.
Qualifications & Skills:
• 5 or more years of mechanical experience; additional electric skills preferred
• Mower and small equipment engine repair and maintenance experience
• Trailer wiring experience
• Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds for the entirety of a shift
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Stellar communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player
• Must know how to operate a smart phone (iPhone) and computer.
• Either know the Fleetio system or willing to learn it.
Full time schedule.
Steadfast is a leader in the green industry. We provide Landscape, Irrigation, Aquatics, Maintenance and other green industry services to our clients. You may also see the name Imagine Solutions. Imagine Solutions is our office administration company.