We are seeking an experienced purchasing and logistics manager to handle our company's procurement activities. The logistics manager's responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, negotiating the best prices while maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, and coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
Logistics Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project management and sales to determine the materials and equipment needed for future projects.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
Logistics Manager Requirements:
- Experience in commercial landscape and irrigation, production home, or site development industries is a major plus
- Experience as a purchasing agent, nursery buyer, construction or landscape project manager or in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Steadfast is a leader in the green industry. We provide Landscape, Irrigation, Aquatics, Maintenance and other green industry services to our clients. You may also see the name Imagine Solutions. Imagine Solutions is our office administration company.
View all company job openings