• Assesses patient’s needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses.
Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective
of the patient’s status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements
relative to age-specific needs.
• Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
• Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory
standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments,
and patient safety.
• Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-
specific requisite skills.
• Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
• Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
• Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team
member’s capabilities and qualifications.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care
• Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
• Functions as a patient and family advocate.
• Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their
• Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
• Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients’ rights.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other
federal,state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
• Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
• Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
• Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN)
• Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
• Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
• Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
• BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
• ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for • Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit-specific requirements for specialty certification).
- All shifts available
- Pay Range 25.50-39.00
- Shift Diff - $4 for nights, $8.05 for weekend nights
Independent Recruiting is looking for candidates in all industries.