Aerospace company is seeking a Robotic Systems Design Engineer to support Engineering team. This position will support an existing team to provide in-space transportation services.
*****Must Have Spaceflight Experience*****
Major areas of responsibility:
• Research and create algorithms for rendezvous and robotic operations in space
• Design systems architecture for robotic systems and related control systems
• Perform detailed trade studies for systems architectures
• Manage subcontracts for component procurements including detailed requirements definition
• Define concept of RPO and robotic operations and assist in creating testing and assembly procedures
• Maintain knowledgebase of relevant technology in the robotics and space industry
• Support the writing of proposals by providing technical content and review
• Work closely with other teams to support design trades where performance of robotic systems is critical
• BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 2-6 years relevant work experience
• Alternatively: PhD in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Optimal Control Theory, or equivalent
• Experience with implementing optimal control theory in robotic systems
• Experience with designing robotic/autonomous systems architectures
• Preferred: Experience with space operations or orbital simulation
• Preferred: Experience with a variety of programming languages (preferred one of more of: Python, Matlab, Fortran, and C++)
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Independent Recruiting is looking for candidates in all industries.