1. Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Controller working with corporate jets (Part 91, 135 or Part 145)
2. Current or previous A&P License strongly preferred
3. Minimum 3 years of corporate jet maintenance experience
a. Must have maintenance experience on one or more of the following brands of aircrafts (corporate jet lines of aircraft only):
4. Must be local to either job locations
Common experience on resumes (one or more of these):
• Part 91 – non-commercial aircraft operator, typically directly for the aircraft owner
• Part 135 – jet aircraft charter operator
• Part 145 – FAA repair station for aircrafts
• FBO – fixed-base operator
• Working directly for the aircraft manufacturer, i.e. Dassault Falcon, Gulfstream, Bombardier, etc. – not within manufacturing/production but maintenance capacity.
The Maintenance Controller serves as the central hub of information scheduling and overseeing the progress of all maintenance activities in coordination with the flight operations and management services departments. Adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values daily.
• Monitor aircraft due-list and upcoming inspection using Avtrak, CAMP, Cescom, and Flight Docks for CLA Part 135 fleet
• Review the daily squawk list and coordinate maintenance accordingly
• Review MEL and coordinate maintenance to resolve prior expiration date for CLA 135 fleet
• Schedule inspections and monthly due items in coordination with flight operations and management services departments
• Update the schedule regularly and monitor ongoing flight activities
• Provide status report briefings for aircraft in maintenance
• Continually grow and mature our network of domestic and international approved maintenance facilities to support 91 and 135 flight operations
• Coordinate maintenance support for remote aircraft with approved outside vendor and maintenance facilities
• Develop proposals for upcoming inspections
• Obtain maintenance proposals from approved outside maintenance facilities
• Serve as the primary point of contact and monitor progress of maintenance begin performed at outside facilities.
• Coordinate with CLA inspection department or outside maintenance facility to return aircraft to service per CLA GMM
• Audit invoices from outside the maintenance facility
• Coordinate maintenance schedule and work authorizations with aircraft owner or owner representatives
• Participate in monthly meetings
• Provide a weekly maintenance schedule update to the leadership team
• Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent experience (A&P schooling).
Experience & Requirements
• 3 to 5+ years of experience as a maintenance controller.
• Corporate aviation experience required.
• Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
• Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoy a high level of customer interaction
• Able to work a flexible schedule and work on-call shifts in order to support the 24/7 nature of flight schedule
• Requires after-hours support of aircraft mechanical situations or to complete time-sensitive projects
• Ability to provide excellent service to suppliers, operators, or owners with high or unreasonable expectations
• Self- motivated, able to work independently and with minimal direction
• Pro-active and creative problem solver
• Able to travel occasionally
Independent Recruiting is looking for candidates in all industries.