JOB TITLE: Manager
DEPARTMENT: Inpatient Rehab Unit
REPORTS TO: Director of Inpatient Rehab
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUPERVISION: Inpatient Rehab staff
JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit. The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Nurse Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Accepts responsibility for patient safety in the clinical practice environment
b. Integrates the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice
c. Builds on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice
d. Serves as a liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others and promotes the Patient Promise
e. Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care
f. Integrate collaborative practice and working with relationships with all members of the healthcare team
g. Responsible for management of physician relations
h. Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement and program outcome activities.
i. Interviewing and hiring staff.
j. Scheduling staff.
k. Serves as an advocate for staff.
l. Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
m. Evaluating staff performance.
n. Discipline, counseling and staff development.
o. Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
p. Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
q. Plans and conducts staff meetings.
r. Plans and coordinates unit related inservices and educational programs.
s. Manages clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age specific standards are maintained by staff as well as manager.
t. Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned unit.
u. Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field required
• 3-5 years experience as a staff nurse in the clinical practice of inpatient rehab.
• Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the assigned clinical practice area.
• 3-5 years previous management experience or demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership position
• Current RN license for the State of Texas or compact license
• Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS Provider American Heart Association or American Red Cross ACLS required within 12 months of hire.
• CRRN preferred and required within three years of hire date.
• Pass the licensed personnel FIM exam using the UDSMR Online Credentialing System within 60 days of hire and again as necessary to maintain the facilities UDS-PRO credential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer and keyboarding skills.
• Ability to work with others to ensure safe, quality patient care.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Continuous focus on excellence in work environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Approximately 100% inside work. See employee health documents for OSHA category and other employee health issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: See employee health documents for physical demand requirements.
Salary range from $83,595 - $104,478 (10yrs) - $125,362 ( 20yrs) - salary based on experience
Sign on Bonus: YES
Relocation: $3,000 - YES
Independent Recruiting is looking for candidates in all industries.