Carl's Jr. is the #1 franchise quick service operations in Alaska. Our team is led by a highly professional management team with extensive experience in all areas of restaurant management and development. Our employees are viewed as part of a professional team. We offer high quality personal development and training for all of our employees with advancement opportunities to start an exciting career. If you're looking for a full-time employment, a career, we are the place for you.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who has a positive and outgoing character, and has an open availability for all shifts including opening, lunch, dinner, late night and weekend shifts. As a Carl's Jr Restaurant Manager, you'll enjoy the benefits of working in a fun, fast-paced environment where, free employee meal is offered and incentives. Starting salary is based on experience. https://j-d-restaurants-inc.ninjagig.com/
As the Restaurant General Manager, you will achieve sales growth and maintain company standards of excellence for your location by overseeing all team members and training them to execute QSC standards (quality, service and cleanliness) and to provide exceptional customer service. You will also have a variety of general operations managing responsibilities with a focus on cost control and maximizing profitability. Your specific duties in this position will include:
• Set operating goals and objectives
• Assess staffing requirements and recruit staff when needed
• Train and coach staff
• Prepare and implement standard operating procedures
• Ensure staff know and adhere to established codes of practice
• Organize and monitor staff schedules
• Co-ordinate restaurant operations during each shift
• Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant
• Ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures
• Interact with customers
• Oversee preparation of food and beverage items
• Ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately
• Analyze budget variances and take corrective actions
• Maintain business records
• Determine and execute operating improvements
• Performing other tasks as directed by the District Manager
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years college in Business Management
• A minimum 2 year experience in food and beverage management
• In-depth working knowledge of food preparation
• Experience in staff management and development
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
• Experience in analyzing financial data
• Knowledge of planning and forecasting
• Track record of managing inventory and cost control
• Knowledge of administrative procedures
• Able to use relevant computer applications
Key Skills and Competencies
• Organization Skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving
• Planning and organizing
• Resource management
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Customer service focus
• Quality orientation
• Flexibility in work hours
• High energy level
• Stress tolerance
Carl’s Jr. of Alaska is owned and operated by J & D Restaurants, Inc. an Alaskan Corporation and is a franchisee of CKE Restaurants, Inc., headquartered in Nashville, TN.
HISTORY OF CARL’S JR.
It all started in 1941 with one good idea – to offer customers a quality product with superior service. Company founder, Carl Karcher, and his wife Margaret, borrowed $311 on their Plymouth automobile. They added $15 of their own money to purchase their first hot dog cart in south central Los Angeles, California.
They sold hot dogs, chilidogs and tamales for 10 cents and soda pop for 5 cents. The first day’s receipts totaled just $14.75, but it was the beginning of the road to success.
By the end of the 1940’s, Carl had established a chain of carts and the Carl’s Drive-Thru Barbecue Restaurant in Anaheim, California. The new restaurant provided an opportunity to offer a greater variety of menu items, including Carl’s famous charbroiled hamburgers. People drove from miles around to sample Carl’s quality hamburgers and soon their popularity led to opening of a chain of restaurants aptly named Carl’s Jr. (since they were ‘junior’ versions of his original Carl’s Drive-thru Barbecue).
What started as one man’s dream for success has resulted in restaurants throughout the western United States. We invite you to learn more about the history, operating philosophy, the people and the heart of the business, our culture and traditions.