This is a second shift position, hours are 4:25 p.m. - 2:55 a.m. Monday - Thursday
CNC Milling Machinist at Jones Metal are responsible for setting up, programming, and operating milling or planning machines to plane, shape, groove or profile metal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Remove parts from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
2. Observe milling or planing machine operation and adjust controls to ensure conformance with specified tolerances.
3. Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess parts specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
4. Replace worn tools, using hand tools, and sharpen dull tools using bench grinders.
5. Verify conformance of machined work to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, or fixed or telescoping gauges.
6. Study machining instructions, job orders, or blueprints to determine dimensional or finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, or tooling requirements.
7. Install tools in spindles.
8. Establish zero reference points on parts, such as at the intersections of two edges or over hole locations.
9. Position and secure parts on tables, using bolts, jigs, clamps, shims, or other holding devices.
10. Observe drilling or boring machine operations to detect any problems.
11. Accurately reports and records time, quantity of product produced, scrap, and rework(s).
12. Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines and tools.
13. Provides training to coworkers in operation of CNC equipment, as needed, to ensure competent back-up operators are available.
14. Operates multiple CNC machining centers simultaneously, or may work at different work stations, as production needs require.
15. Familiar with the basic machine functions of at least one of the following: saws, shears, punch, laser, and press brakes.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• The ability to quickly identify and respond to gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure that the machine is working properly.
• Must possess mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems in the machining process.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Computer skills as they pertain to this job including but not limited to: Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Technical Degree in Machining, or other related discipline;
• 2 – 5 years of experience as a CNC Machinist;
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.