This opening is on our second shift: 4:30 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. M - Thur
Enjoy working alongside and learning from other skilled operators while using state-of-the-art manufacturing technology.
Jones Metal Inc. is seeking a Production Assistant to join our 2nd shift Mankato, MN team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a well-respected union shop that makes a positive contribution to their community. They run a paperless, very clean shop with an air-conditioned break room. Jones Metal invests in the two most important parts of their business: people and technology to do the best custom work they can.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $17.50 - 19.50/hour Based on experience
- Benefits Compensation - Additional compensation of $705/month to purchase benefits
- Additional Benefits - Employer paid short-term disability, life insurance, union pension contribution of up to 5%
- Jones Metal will provide everything you need to be safe and successful
- Career Progression - There are several levels of machining opportunities - increase experience and pay!
- Jones is known for being a company of family values, not corporate values
The Production Assistant performs a variety of tasks in support of the production process including but not limited to:
1. Removes laser cut parts from sheet metal and prepares if for the next operation.
2. Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or job notes) to ensure conformance.
3. Assists with production including receiving and shipping, fabrication, etc.
4. Preps and cleans work piece surfaces using a variety of hand tools such as grinders to remove slag, scratches and burs.
5. Cleans equipment and machines.
6. Helps change out parts/materials.
7. Assist with locating, lifting, and transferring parts and material.
8. Examines product to verify conformance to company standards.
9. Reports defective parts and materials or questionable conditions to the Production supervisor or lead person.
10. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of basic math skills.
• Ability to use hand held measuring tools such as a tape measure and calipers
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer skills as they pertain to this job
• Must be able and willing to work as part of a team
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, blue prints, safety rules, and procedure manuals
This is an entry level position with the opportunity for growth as a custom fabricator.
Come join the second shift team at Jones Metal, Inc. a family-owned local business that manufactures products for companies that shape the world! Apply your skills at Jones Metal, Inc. and be rewarded with highly competitive wages, great benefits, and incredibly talented colleagues.