For over 80 years, Jones Metal has been a leading provider of specialized metal fabrication services for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected fabrication company that takes pride in making a positive contribution to our community. At Jones Metal, we invest in the two most important parts of our business: people and the technology to do the best custom work we can.
The Buyer's responsibility is to support the purchasing department by providing technical and administrative assistance by conducting transactions for the procurement of manufacturing materials and assisting with inventory maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to the supplier and department originating the requests
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve issues such as shortages and missed due dates
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports, price list
- Compare suppliers invoices with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy
- Perform buying duties
- Review prices, product specification, and delivery dates to determine the best bid amount potential suppliers
- Monitor inventory levels and make necessary adjustments through the daily cycle counting process
- Manage material certifications
- Request quotes from outside vendor
- Perform cycle counting
- Prepare purchasing reports as needed
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skilled negotiator
- Strong skills in mathematics, finance or accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability
- Problem solving, analysis skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- High energy and commitment to providing all customers/vendors with a positive experience
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- The ability to establish constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- An understanding of ERP system and inventory control systems
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals
- General knowledge of blue print reading preferred
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associates or bachelor’s degree in supply management or business or a High school diploma and 3+ years of experience in purchasing.
Come join the team at Jones Metal, Inc. a family owned local business that manufactures products for companies that shape the world! Apply your skills at Jones Metal, Inc. and be rewarded with highly competitive wages, great benefits and incredibly talented colleagues.
If you have a passion to develop a rewarding career, this is the opportunity you need to explore!
Pay: $27.00 to $32.00 per HOUR
Jones Metal, Inc.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.
View all company job openings