For over 80 years, Jones Metal has been a leading provider of specialized metal fabrication services for original equipment manufactures in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction, and US Military.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected fabrication company that takes pride in making a positive contribution to our community. At Jones Metal, we invest in the two most important parts of our business: people and the technology to do the best custom work we can.
The Cost Accountant's responsibility will focus primarily on analyzing system reports to recognize variances from budget in regards to job costs to help drive sound pricing decisions as well as manage inventory analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze system generated reports to research significant variances from estimated to actual costs for job production.
- Work to validate profitability data provided by system reports.
- Determine cost standards for labor and overhead.
- Investigate significant variances for cost reduction regarding material, labor, overhead and other manufacturing costs.
- Analyze profitability of repeat and new orders to help set pricing expectations.
- Maintain inventory records and reconcile inventory on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
- Determine inventory obsolescence guidelines and calculate year-end obsolete inventory.
- Ability to analyze system data and how it impacts monthly financial statement activity.
- Verify job costs are correct prior to job close.
- Assist Accounting department with Year-end reporting and audit review.
- Backup for Accounting-related functions, AP/AR/Payroll/General Ledger activities.
- Other projects as assigned by Senior Management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High level of Problem Solving/Analysis Skills
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented
- Self-starter motivated by learning and takin on new challenges
- High level of proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong attention to detail to recognize both variances and trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of ERP and inventory control systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration
- 2-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
Come join the team at Jones Metal, Inc. a family owned local business that manufactures products for companies that shape the world! Apply your skills at Jones Metal, Inc. and be rewarded with highly competitive wages, great benefits and incredibly talented colleagues.
If you have a passion to develop a rewarding career, this is the opportunity you need to explore!
Pay: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 per YEAR
Jones Metal, Inc.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.
View all company job openings