The Production Assistant performs a variety of task in support of the production process including but not limited to:
1. Removes laser cut parts from sheet metal and prepares if for the next operation.
2. Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or job notes) to ensure conformance.
3. Assists with production including receiving and shipping, fabrication, etc.
4. Preps and cleans work piece surfaces using a variety of hand tools such as grinders to remove slag, scratches and burs.
5. Cleans equipment and machines.
6. Helps change out parts/materials.
7. Assist with locating, lifting, and transferring parts and material.
8. Examines product to verify conformance to company standards.
9. Reports defective parts and materials or questionable conditions to the Production supervisor or lead person.
10. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of basic math skills.
• Ability to use hand held measuring tools such as a tape measure and calipers
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer skills as they pertain to this job
• Must be able and willing to work as part of a team
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, blue prints, safety rules, and procedure manuals
This is an entry level position with the opportunity for growth as a custom fabricator.
Typical Work Week Schedule:
Monday - Thursday 425pm - 255am
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.