Jones Metal Products, Inc. is currently looking for a Production Supervisor for our second shift. The Second Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and flow of work on the second shift to ensure production schedules are being met. The Second Shift Production Supervisor will be responsible for:
1. Coordinating with the Production Manager and/or Production Planner to determine production priorities and schedules.
2. Assigning work to individuals and/or departments, and monitors progress of work through production, finishing and shipping.
3. Monitoring the quality of items produced, using established inspection techniques and Statistical Process Control, to assure that all products meet customer requirements.
4. Promoting and enforcing all aspects of the Safety Program including completing injury reports, investigating accidents and near misses, managing emergencies, and ensuring that all direct reports receive appropriate safety training.
5. Promoting and enforcing all Company policies included in the Employee Handbook. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding company processes, customer product development, company finances, and all other ‘company private’ information.
6. Investigating and recommending continuous improvement actions, such as procedure changes and new equipment or technology, to effectively control costs, improve efficiency, improve production processes, and enhance product quality.
7. Initiating recommendations for training, wage changes, discipline and other employee matters, and participates in the creation of company policies which affect department employees.
8. Establishing performance plans and goals for individual direct reports and production departments to support overall company objectives.
Skills and Requirements:
Knowledge of metal fabrication, welding, paint and shipping practices
Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
A high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
Ability to positively effect and lead change
Competence in Microsoft Office
Exhibits appropriate professional behavior and contributes to an atmosphere of team work and cooperation
Knowledge of general OSHA standards and safe work practices
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Strong written, verbal, and oral communication skills
Qualified candidates will have at least three to five years of supervisor experience in manufacturing or metal fabrication.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.