Production Supervisors at Jones Metal are responsible for the safety of employees and the continuous flow of operations by maximizing the efficiencies of employees and equipment while assuring the production of quality parts.
Standard production work hours are Monday through Thursday 6am - 430pm working 10 hour days. Supervisors must be able work approximately 45 hours a week and be able to cover Friday and or Saturday overtime on as needed, on a rotating basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Promotes a positive and professional work environment, and participates in culture building events.
2. Directly supervises all employees within his/her area(s) of responsibility. Monitors progress, evaluates performance, promotes personal and professional development and issues disciplinary actions when appropriate.
3. Coordinates with the Production Manager and Production Planner to determine production priorities and schedules.
4. Monitors production schedules, to ensure that product is completed and shipped on time and in accordance with customer expectations.
5. Assigns work to individuals and/or departments, and monitors progress of work through production, finishing and shipping.
6. Coordinates and collaborates with individuals in all departments of the company, fostering a high level of inter-departmental communication and cooperation, to resolve production problems; and facilitates communication between shifts.
7. Monitors quality of items produced, using established inspection techniques and Statistical Process Control, to assure that all products meet customer requirements
8. Promotes and enforces all aspects of the Safety Program including completing injury reports, investigating accidents and near misses, managing emergencies, and ensuring that all direct reports receive appropriate safety training.
9. Promotes and enforces all Company policies included in the Employee Handbook. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding company processes, customer product development, company finances, and all other ‘company private’ information.
10. Investigates and recommends continuous improvement actions, such as procedure changes and new equipment or technology, to effectively control costs, improve efficiency, improve production processes, and enhance product quality.
11. Performs lockout/tag-out procedures and minor maintenance on equipment, and submits maintenance work orders or contacts vendors when more complex repairs are needed.
12. Initiates recommendations for training, wage changes, discipline and other employee matters, and participates in the creation of company policies which affect department employees.
13. Participates in establishing performance plans and goals for individual direct reports and production departments to support overall company objectives.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of metal fabrication, welding, paint and shipping practices preferred
• Able to solve manufacturing problems through use of standard measuring, shop math, engineering standards
• Knowledge of measuring devices, gauges, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to positively effect change
• Strong and proven team leading and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of personalities
• Knowledge of general OSHA standards and safe work practices
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to understand and communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform all functions of the job
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations or similar field;
• At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing or metal fabrication; experience in a “job shop” environment is preferred;
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with ISO Principals and Procedures and Lean Manufacturing Practices desired.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.