Hours: 4:25 p.m. - 2:55 a.m. Monday - Thursday
We are excited to be adding another welder to our team of precision welders. Qualified candidates will be eager to learn, have a passion for producing quality products, and enjoy being a part of a team of skilled fabricators.
SUMMARY: Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer’s drawings, specifications, and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Position, align, fit, and weld parts of various materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum, following blue prints and layout specifications using jigs and hand tools.
2. Examine parts for all defects and measure parts with a variety of measurement tools to ensure conformance with specifications.
3. Weld components in flat and vertical positions using MIG and TIG processes.
4. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
5. Selects torch tips and filler material according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
6. Performs quality inspections within the welding department.
7. Performs work in accordance with established operational standards and processes.
8. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful in this position.
• Successful completion of an internal math assessment and weld test.
• Ability to use tools ranging from common hand and power tools including grinders and cut off wheels to measuring instruments such as a tape measure and gauges.
• Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steels alloys aluminum, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Twelve months welding experience or, certificate/degree in welding;
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.