SALARY/ PAY: $20.00 - $24.00 HOURLY (Wage determined by experience verified by references and upon completion of interview).
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman, Project Manager, & Office Management Personnel.
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(Truck Driver role, mainly but not limited to;)
Reports directly to Shop Foreman daily.
• Perform pre, and post trip inspections on trucks, pursuant to D.O.T. regulations.
• Know, understand, and find addresses and jobs quickly & efficiently.
• Safely drive truck to job-sites, & upon arriving driver must be able to safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions.
• Upon completion of the day, driver will wash down truck, pup, & tires.
• Driver must collect haul tickets throughout shift and turn them in at the end of each day.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Must have a valid Class A CDL.
• Must have a valid Medical Card as per D.O.T. standard.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE - must have 1-year experience in driving a Class A required commercial motor vehicle.
PHYSICAL/ ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times daily.
• Competency and awareness of surroundings to identify safety hazards.
• Employee is regularly required to sit, climb, talk., hear, and use fingers.
• Exposure to hot outdoor temperatures for up to 10 hours a day, along with direct sunlight.
• Exposure to cold weather and snowy conditions in the winter months.
• Employee is expected to complete small maintenance on their assigned truck, including but not limited to miscellaneous small repairs, and part replacements.
This is a FULL-TIME position. Shifts & hours vary depending on the season. The average is 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM M-F (Winter), 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM M-F (Summer). Overtime is required and varies depending on the demand of work. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
After initial 60 days of employment:
• Company offers Life, Health, Dental, & Vision insurance.
• Paid Holiday’s
After 1 YEAR of continuous employment:
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Plan
$500 SIGN ON BONUS AFTER 120 DAYS!
Kapp Construction is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
The job descripion above, is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Kapp Construction is a local family owned & operated business, located in Ogden UT specializing in Utility Construction (sewer, storm drain, waterline, general excavation, and grading). We are an equal opportunity employer. We have immediate openings for experienced, reliable, hardworking, team-oriented employees.