SALARY/ PAY: $22.00 - $30.00 HOURLY (Wage determined by experience verified by references and upon completion of interview).
REPORTS TO: Project Manager, & Office Management Personnel.
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(Foreman role, mainly but not limited to;)
The Foreman position reports directly to the Project Manager daily.
• Effectively manage jobsite and crew while ensuring the job is done safely, on time, & under budget.
• Enforce & be familiar with all OSHA, and SWPPP regulations.
• Ensure that tools, and supplies are replenished and ready to go for each workday and secured each night when leaving the job.
• Familiarity with “Bluestakes”, & what the various markings, and/or color-coding mean.
• Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of company provided vehicle, and/or equipment.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to read, understand, interpret plans & blueprints.
• Ability to safely operate all types of heavy equipment used on jobsites.
• Must be literate with smart phones & tablets as they are used for clocking in, and out each day.
To perform this job successfully, and individual mut be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
• Must have 2-3 years’ experience in wet underground utility construction in a supervisory role.
• Minimum of 2 years’ operating heavy machinery (excavator, loader, etc.) experience also required.
PHYSICAL/ ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. continually throughout the day.
• Competency and awareness of surroundings to identify safety hazards.
• Employee is regularly required to sit, climb, talk., hear, and use fingers.
• Exposure to hot outdoor temperatures for up to 10 hours a day, along with direct sunlight.
• Exposure to cold weather and snowy conditions in the winter months.
This is a FULL-TIME position. Shifts & hours vary depending on the season. The average is 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM M-F (Winter), 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM M-F (Summer). Overtime is required and varies depending on the demand of work. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
After initial 60 days of employment:
• Company offers Life, Health, Dental, & Vision insurance.
• Paid Holiday’s
After 1 YEAR of continuous employment:
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Plan
$500 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED AFTER 120 DAYS!
Kapp Construction is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
The job descripion above, is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Kapp Construction is a local family owned & operated business, located in Ogden UT specializing in Utility Construction (sewer, storm drain, waterline, general excavation, and grading). We are an equal opportunity employer. We have immediate openings for experienced, reliable, hardworking, team-oriented employees.