SALARY/ PAY (Wage determined by experience verified by references and upon completion of interview).
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(U-cart Batch Plant Operator role, mainly but not limited to;)
This position reports to Plant Manager, Project Manager, & Office Management.
• Provide outstanding customer service internally & externally.
• Use of strong communication skills while assisting various customers.
• Processing of customer payments using an invoicing system (QuickBooks), and a POS (Point of Sale) system to complete payments.
• Ensuring that customers have proper towing equipment (hitches, towing capacity of truck, etc.) – We will train you on this.
• Batching of ready-mix concrete into rental mixers with the correct amount (yardage), and the correct slump. – We will train you on this.
• Will be required to perform mechanical repairs on the mixers, and trailers.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, & the ability to write correspondence with use of strong language skills.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, & percent.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of database software, internet software, and order processing systems.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
This position requires no experience, however experience in a similar field is a plus.
Mechanical knowledge and/or experience will also be taken into consideration.
PHYSICAL/ ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Other skills & abilities
Ability to effectively communicate with customers & build a rapport is a plus.
Previous experience in a related field is a plus
This is a FULL-TIME position with a varied shift of 7:00 am to 5:30pm with a 30-minute lunch. SATURDAYS ARE A REQUIREMENT DURING THE SUMMER SEASON. Attendance is an essential function of this job. Successful candidate must possess a good work ethic and a sense of urgency in completing all job duties in a timely manner.
After initial 60 days of employment:
• Company offers Life, Health, Dental, & Vision insurance.
• Paid Holiday’s
After 1 YEAR of continuous employment:
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Plan
$500 BONUS AFTER 120 DAYS!
Kapp Construction is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
The job descripion above, is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Kapp Construction is a local family owned & operated business, located in Ogden UT specializing in Utility Construction (sewer, storm drain, waterline, general excavation, and grading). We are an equal opportunity employer. We have immediate openings for experienced, reliable, hardworking, team-oriented employees.