Kilwins Chocolates & Ice Cream is seeking a friendly and outgoing person to lead our team as we sell chocolate, ice cream, and candy in the Destin Commons shopping center, Destin, FL. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Runs the daily operation of the retail store. Greets and waits on customers. Sets up displays, maintains inventory levels, stocks shelves, keeps store looking clean and neat at all times. Monitors and directs staff throughout shift.
Manager and Owners
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversees opening and/or closing of the store.
• Supervises and assigns tasks to the staff during assigned shift.
• Follows through on break schedule for each employee.
• Monitors employee work habits and makes sure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
• Welcomes customers.
• Ensures that customers are satisfied and find what they are looking for.
• Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
• Restocks merchandise.
• Maintains store appearance and product presentation to Kilwins standards – clean and neat at all times.
• Demonstrates familiarity with all Kilwins products, descriptions, and business philosophies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Works well with a team.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal and customers service skills.
• Maintains professional but friendly demeanor.
• Possesses physical strength necessary to move and stock merchandise.
• Manages time effectively and efficiently.
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Is capable of disciplining or reprimanding employees when necessary.
• Responds calmly and professionally to angry customers or other stressful situations.
• Demonstrates ability to multitask.
• Exhibits broad familiarity with Kilwins production, organization, and history.
• Earns ServSafe Food Safety Manager certification within 60 days of beginning of the position.
Expected Schedule: Position will offer about 15-30 hours a week with a mix of afternoon, evening, and weekend hours. Flexible schedule. Some weekend shifts are required.
Salary: Starting wage is $11.00/hr plus tips while employee learns the basics of the store as Crew Member. Once mastery of Kilwins tasks, product knowledge, and leadership traits are thoroughly demonstrated, Team Leader wage is $11.00+/hr plus tips.
The ideal applicant will possess basic math skills, have good communication skills, and will be able to work both independently and as a part of a team in a fast paced environment. Previous retail or food service leadership experience is a requirement. Position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion, and stand for long shifts.
Our store is a locally-owned and -operated franchise of Kilwins (Chocolates, Fudge, and Ice Cream). We are located in the heart of the Destin Commons shopping center.
With a wide array of kitchen-fresh fudge, 24 flavors of original recipe ice cream, and a tempting selection of hand-dipped chocolates, Kilwins Destin Commons has choices for every sweet tooth.
We have a passion to share the sweet, wholesome enjoyment that comes from high quality, handmade fudge, chocolates, and ice cream. We are committed to a top-notch customer experience that brings smiles of tickled tastebuds and happy traditions to all types of faces.