As second in command in the kitchen, the Assistant Kitchen Manager (AKM) is responsible for the supervision of the hourly kitchen team members, serving as Kitchen Manager on Duty in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. Manages clean-up responsibilities to ensure the proper closing of the kitchen at night. Primary position during rushes is to serve as lead expediter. The Assistant Kitchen Manager is always guiding and mentoring hourly team members in the performance of their duties to ensure back of house operates successfully, resulting in excellent guest experience.
Assistant Kitchen Manager responsibilities will include but are not limited to:.
- Ensure high levels of food quality, presentation and cost control.
- Assist Kitchen Manager to maintain a standard of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen utensils, equipment and all related areas.
- Assist Kitchen Manager in the hiring, development and coaching of team members to reduce turnover.
- Responsible for placing all food orders in accordance with pars set by Kitchen Manager
- Act as Kitchen Manager whenever KM is not present in the building, and always maintain a leadership role guiding and correcting proper procedures.
Assistant Kitchen Manager Qualifications
- Available to work any shift and all holidays.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to coach and develop talent and mentor Line Cooks.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Have a commitment to quality service, and food knowledge.
Kowaliga Restaurant serves a southern comfort menu of seasonal ingredients from the local region. But our real claim to fame is the spectacular view. Our guests have repeatedly voted us as the Best Lakeside Dining on Lake Martin. Come join us!
View all company job openings